WNA is excited to have completed the application process through the Secretary of State's office to officially change its name from the Northern California Chapter of The Neuropathy Association (NNCNA) to The Western Neuropathy Association (WNA) to better reflect the service area of our Association. Our national organization, The Neuropathy Association, officially blessed the new name after we demonstrated our breadth and support by the surrounding states.
In addition to a new name for the Association, we are proud of the many other accomplishments in the last few years, including:
- expanded the membership -- we are now more than 900 members strong with more than 50 support groups
- re-designed the newsletter
- enhanced our branding with a new logo, slogan, and brochure
- taped a public service announcement
- hosted a successful strategic planning meeting
- started a video production program
- improved fundraising; programmed an online donation feature on the website
- conducted another Annual Meeting and Mini-Conference free of charge
- reorganized the Board of Directors' responsibilities for greater nimbleness and to better focus on activities to benefit our members
- developed a regional coordinator structure
As we move forward, we will continue to have an unmatched focus on support groups, providing them with funds, materials, and training. We are also stepping up our outreach efforts to the health services, health care, and medical communities to educate them about peripheral neuropathy and to work towards a higher level of understanding about the condition and services for our members. We also redesigned our web site as well as reinvigorated our effort to recruit professional and corporation members and broaden our fundraising efforts through grants and corporate sponsorships and advertising.
How You Can Help
We encourage every member to help with the Association's mission and activities. Together we can accomplish what we cannot individually. Every action, no matter how small, adds up to big results. Here's what you can do:
- encourage others to join, or to donate
- take WNA brochures to your physicians' offices
- attend local support group meetings to share information
- be a leader in your support group: lead a support group, find a speaker, meet and greet, collect donations, etc.
- ask a company to offer a discount to members
- other ideas? We would love to hear them
Join the Discussion - Support Our Mission
Our mission continues - provide support, information and referral to people with neuropathy and to those who care about them, to inform and connect with the health care community, and to support research.
We welcome you to join our dialogue on how to grow and strengthen our Association in support of our mission - email us at email@example.com or call us toll-free at (888) 556-3356 with your ideas or questions.
Thank you for your support.