Our mission is to:
- provide hope, support, information, and referral to people with neuropathy and to those who care about them,
- to inform and connect with the health care community, and
- to support research.
Our vision is to:
- help every neuropathy sufferer live a more abled and pain free life, and
- make neuropathy and its symptoms highly recognized in order to ensure that the necessary resources are utilized towards finding remedies and possibly a cure to ease the pain and suffering of those afflicted with neuropathy.
Strategies to Support Implementing Our Mission and Reaching Our Vision
Strengthen the Organizational Structure
- Recruit a nine-member working Board of Directors.
- Establish a professional headquarters office with paid administrative staffing.
- Develop a support group in every population center in California. Our goal is that no member will have to drive more than 50 miles to attend.
- Recruit and mentor at least two leadership team members in each support group: leader and secretary-treasurer.
- Provide training and mentoring to support group leaders.
Be an Invaluable Source of Information to Members
- Conduct an annual meeting and mini-medical conference.
- Provide information and support through teleconferences.
- Offer help through an 800 toll-free number.
- Facilitate the sharing of neuropathy remedies amongst the members.
Enhance Marketing and Communications Outreach
- Utilize technology to more frequently, inexpensively, and efficiently share information.
- Revise, redesign, and enhance our website and printed materials.
- Develop materials for and distribute to the health care community.
- Foster positive media relations.
- Launch a public event such as a walk-a-thon to garner significant publicity about neuropathy and its sufferers.
Strengthen the Organization's Financial Position
- Increase the membership annually by 25 percent.
- Design an easy-to-use website online donation feature.
- Identify and solicit major sponsors and funders.
- Conduct two annual fundraising campaigns (direct mail and electronic).
- Research and respond to grant opportunities.